Monday, December 3, 2012

30th Wedding Anniversary

This weekend we celebrated my parents 30 year wedding anniversary. We had a party back at their resort and had a blast!
My mom and dad were high school sweethearts. They actually started dating in the 8th grade! so technically they have been together for 37 years! I and couldn't have asked for two better parents or two better role models.
We were overwhelmed with the amount of friends and family that showed up to support my parents at their party. This was something we all looked forward to. Getting to see everyone and getting to come together to honor two people who have made such a wonderful life together was amazing.
After the party we had a band come to the lodge. They played till 1in the morning and I honestly think my parents danced every dance. We were so happy to see that they were enjoying themselves and so were the guests!
I have always looked at my parents relationship as something to aspire to. They have so much love and affection for each other. Before I got married my mom said "Don't settle for anything less than passion". What I realized is that having that passion for your significant other spills over into everything you do. Passion for your spouse, passion for your children, and passion for your career. But it all starts and ends with that special person.
Growing up my parents always said "I want more for you", I couldn't imagine having any more love or happiness than they have. It is something I aspire to everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment