Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Shopping

Christmas is just around the corner and will be here before we know it! So far I think I have bought about six presents... I need to get into gear. But I am suffering with a dilemma for my children and nieces and nephews, do I get them what they want OR do I get them what they need? My sister says her children do not need any more toys.. I believe it. However, I want them to like what I get them for Christmas! Do I act like a good sister or a fun auntie? I think I choose the later!
I do however have to consider the fact that I have children too. She could get back at my by buying my children the most obnoxious gifts imaginable. So now I have to think about going into self preservation mode...In buying her kids toys I risk getting toys in return.. I am going to be buried in toys before the year end! But I still think I am getting her kids toys! haha!
For my family we draw names between the adults. Everyone dreads drawing my brothers name because he is sooo picky! You buy him something and it sits on a shelf for the rest of his life. It's difficult to find what he would actually use and want. Guess who drew his name.. ME! So now I basically have to search for the lost city of Atlantis. WISH ME LUCK!

1 comment:

  1. Buying Christmas presents is tough! I think it gets harder the older you get; my mom will ask me what to send out for relatives and I'll completely freeze up and usually the best answer I can give her is "Uh...socks?" With kids there are endless possibilities! I don't have kids, but I have a niece and nephew and three kid brothers. I always set out to buy them clothes or things they need, but always end up throwing in a toy they wanted too. I want them to like me! lol.

    We draw names too! We found it easier than having to pay for presents for tons of people...but you're right; sometimes it's hard to shop for that one person you get.
    I wish you the best of luck in your hunt for presents! :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete