Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fantasy Football is CONSUMING my life!

I used to look forward to Sunday afternoons. I would watch the Vikings and eat popcorn. It was a past time that I look back on fondly. Now, I view Sunday's as the bane of my existence. My husband has been involved in fantasy football for about three years now. It seems like every conversation reverts back to his team, his players, etc. IT IS EXHAUSTING. Not only do I get to watch my favorite team, The Minnesota Vikings, I also get to watch the games of every other team in the NFL (Note my sarcasm)!  I know players stats, projected stats, their injury status's and trust me, it isn't by choice!

Sunday's at the Bendickson home now look like this, my children playing, me reading, doing homework, or tending to my children and my husband vegged out on the couch watching two games (split screen)with the remote in one hand, his phone in the other (checking stats on his Fantasy App) and the computer in his lap. To put it mildly, he is obsessed.  I'm starting to think my children and I should spend every Sunday from now to January out of the house (for my sanity), I doubt my husband would notice!

Ok, my rant is over. I know everyone has their hobbies, my husband LOVES football and I wouldn't consider denying him that one pleasure (as if I actually could) ;). And I always have to look at the bright side, football is only on from August-January.. It could be worse! I've shared a picture below of Cody watching football..Do you see the reflection of the game in the window? His face looks like he is saying "Shut up Alison I am trying to watch the game!" haha!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my am I so glad my husband is not into fantasy football. My brother is into it and I remember him watching football all day when we would have family get togethers. It is a fascinating hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fanatasy Football can be very stressful to, spending all that time every Sunday watching the football games. I have even seen people root against there teams for points.

    ReplyDelete