This week I have found a new
admiration for single parents.. HOW DO THEY DO IT? Cody has been gone for work
since Monday and I have been the one in charge of doing everything for the
kids, home, etc. I understand that there is a large portion of what a single
parent has to deal with missing in my duties this week, the job! However, I
have been going to school so the long hours are similar. After one week of this
single parenting I have decided that once children of single parents are raised
the parents should get some sort of award for years of no sleep, little help,
kids testing their limits and the constant game of catch up. I have only
been doing this for about four days so I cannot imagine the hardships a single
parent goes through.
I do believe that this is going to be a wonderful
learning experience for me though. As a teacher, I am going to be dealing with many
kinds of different families. Single parents make up a large portion of the
United States population. I have done some researching on how to survive single
parenting and found a site called Divorcewizard.com and they wrote an article
called "Top Ten Ways to be the Best Single Parent" Which I thought I
would share.
http://www.divorcewizards.com/Divorce-and-Single-Parenting.html
Hopefully this will be a good resource to use and share with those single parents out there.
Now the week is almost over and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Don't get me wrong, I love my children but sometimes a person just needs a break, and a little help! http://www.redtri.com/happy-mom-tip-take-a-break
No comments:
Post a Comment