Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hunting Widow


This week is hunting season. This is something I do not look forward to. I understand everyone needs their hobbies but none of mine take me away from my family for a week and a half and render completely useless to my husband.  I’ve been thinking of things that I could that would be equivalent to the time he spends hunting just so he could see how inconvenient it is for me and the kids. The only thing I can think about is shopping, go figure! But I have come to the conclusion that while I would be shopping I would be thinking about my kids, and shopping for my kids; when he’s hunting, he is only thinking of one thing and it sure isn’t me and the kids! One of Cody’s excuses for hunting is that it provides food for our family.. This is what I have to say to that.. BULL!! Deer meat must be the most expensive meat there is! From what it takes to prepare the sausage, buy the gun, buy the ammunition, and buy the hunting supplies we could save a small fortune (A little drastic, but I tend to over exaggerate when I’m tired!). I’ll keep thinking about what I will do for myself and keep you posted. For now I’m working on keeping my head above water!

No comments:

Post a Comment