Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Busy Brain


Usually going to sleep helps me shut my brain off. During the hours in which I am awake I am constantly thinking about what I need to get done, I don't know if it is because I am a student and I am always thinking about deadlines, or if it is just a mom thing that always worry about everything. Probably both! Last night I couldn't even escape my busy brain in sleep. I dreamt that I had my first teaching job; I went to school on the first day and realized that I had written no lesson plans, and didn't know where the classroom was. I think this goes back to me always feeling I am forgetting something. For one of my classes I had to sit and do nothing for fifteen minutes. I found myself thinking about all the things that I was going to do after the time was up. I think my brain is wired to worry. That is the only conclusion I can come to. Maybe I will have to work my way up to fifteen minutes and try to train myself to do nothing and not worry for a short time during the day. I’ll start tomorrow! I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment