Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Supper Table

Since I have been staying home with the kids lately I have had time to prepare our supper daily. While I was in school it seemed like through the hustle and bustle I wasn't able to take my time and prepare the nice meals that I would have liked to. It was more like "what can I throw together that is fast".  So now I value the time I get to prepare a nice meal and sit down with my family. I think I would enjoy it a lot more if I actually got to eat my supper...
I like to think of my children as my diet enforcers. I prepare a meal every evening. I make Connor a plate, and get Reese some toys to play with so I can actually sit down. That usually occupies her until I take my first bite. Then Connor needs a napkin and we happen to be out, then he needs a milk refill, by the time I have done this Reese is already screaming because she is bored and wants to be held! So like the multitasker mom that I am, I grab Reese and sit down to eat with her on my lap. She is at the age now where she wants to have her hands on everything, so naturally once I sit she's got a hand full of spaghetti. GREAT.
By the time all of this is done, I have a cold plate of food in front of me and not much patients to sit down and eat it. My diet enforcers really take their jobs seriously. :/

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear... As dear and sweet as little people are, they can be quite demanding!

    ReplyDelete