One of the things that I
have learned as a mom/student/wife/housekeeper/chef extraordinaire is how to
adapt. It seems my whole life goes back to making things work with what I have
at the time. I am constantly being tested in my adaptation skills whether and I
think someone UP THERE believes that I need to practice this EVERY SINGLE DAY
(maybe it’s because of my career choice)! If it isn’t one thing, it’s another.
For instance, my salad today, I was so excited to get my Caesar salad at Burger
King (they are my favorite), I usually have to bring my supper to school on
Monday nights because I have evening classes. I open my salad, get the croutons
and dressing on, grab my utensil bag and find that they have only given me a
knife to eat it with. What to do? It was either let the salad get soggy and
eventually throw it out later (which is basically unacceptable in my book), OR
eat the salad with the knife and look like a complete idiot doing so. I chose
the latter. I found that eating my salad with a knife made me eat slower which in
turn made me full faster. Maybe I will have to eat all my meals with only a
knife! Someone at Burger King knew what they were doing!
No comments:
Post a Comment